combi/power shower

• Thread starter charliechaplinspants
  • Start date
C

charliechaplinspants

Not possible is it? From a tank pumping the cold water and a hot water cylinder supplying the hot water, it`s not possible to install a combi and keep existing power shower is it? I`ve been hearing that it is, maybe should go back to school but it don`t make sense to me. anyone got any comments to enlighten the idiot? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It is possible.
You would have to keep tank and cylinder.
Heat the cylinder with the combi.
The real question is why would you want do do such a thing?
A reasonable sized combi will give a great shower,as long as no one else wants to use hot water at the same time!

I know somebody who did it - so they still had hot water ikf combi broke down (immersion heater as backup in cylinder).

No. I know it can be done if you keep cylinder etc. I mean using a combi alone, no cylinder , and keeping existing power shower, it can`t be done can it? Don`t think so. but heard other day that it can be done from a combi. only overheard a conversation. :oops:

Sponsored Links

I know somebody who did it - so they still had hot water ikf combi broke down (immersion heater as backup in cylinder).

Cart and horse come to mind, it just shows that some people really have no idea what they are on about.

In stead of one reliable combi that is unlikely to cause many problems, they now have the possibility of breakdown from:
boiler (I doubt they invested in getting a good make properly installed)
cylinder
valve/timer
open vent system.

So can it be done with a combi or not Bengasman? Thanks.

Not directly, like has been mentioned above.
My question would be: WTF would you want to?

Someone is converting from an open vented system to a combi and wants to know if they can still keep their power shower, that`s as much as I could glean. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back