compressor supply and control gear.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first time post, hope you can help.

I have been asked to wire up a new compressor for a friend in his workshop. Its a single phase one with a rating of 16.8 amps on the motor.

The distance from the mains board is about 5 metres so if I use a 32 amp type c mcb then 6mm swa to a direct online starter, like this one.

http://www.danfoss.com/Products/Cat...890/8c6a1220-b7b5-4f64-b9e5-8aa8510b0a6d.html

I am assuming that the overloads can be adjusted to midrange to allow for start up current.

Does this seem to be a correct method of install? I would welcome your comments.

Sponsored Links
Starter overloads are set to the normal FLC of the motor and certainly not to the anticipated starting current.

The overload will make its own allowances for the starting conditions, provided that it's not abused by constant off-on messing about. There's no other way to protect the motor from overload (with an ordinary starter) other than setting the overload to the FLC.

Lucia.

The MCB protects the cable, the overload in the DOL protects the motor.

32a will be fine for a 6mm SWA, just make sure your Zs is low enough for the type C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back