Concealed shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a old sirrus concealed thermostatic shower over the bath that leaked from behind the wall, dripping all the way to the ceiling below. The leak was constant even if the shower was turned off. It seemed to be from the cartridge hidden behind the tiles. As the parts are too old and out of production. I had to put in a new shower. The plumber installed a Bristan recessed single control shower and this took them 5 hours labour (remove the tiles and old valve, put in new tiles). My question is, how easy for this kind of new shower cartridge to become faulty and leak from behind tiles in the future ? Since it is concealed, it is very difficult to detect leak unless you see water from ceiling downstairs. I did ask for an exposed shower, but they said that would involve much more pipe work. I did not go for this expensive solution. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Further to my previous post, I wonder if the cartridge or valve leaks in the future, do I need to remove tiles to have it changed which is lot of hassle. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back