connecting wireless room stat receiver unit to valliant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a valliant ecotec pro 28 boiler (h vuw 285/5-3), and a siemens wireless thermostat, (RCR10/433)jujst wondered how i go about connecting the reciever into the boiler

Sponsored Links
The wiring connections at your boiler should look like this.

Capture.JPG

There is a wire loop fitted between two of the X106 terminals marked '24V DC Room Thermostat'. Remove this link.
Connect the two terminals where the loop came from to Lx and L1 in the diagram below from the Siemens RCR10/433 Receiver instructions. It doesn't matter which way around they go.

siemens.JPG

Finally the RCR10/433 needs a 230V supply connected to its L and N terminals to power it. This should come from the same 3A fused connection unit supplying the boiler, and can be picked up from the boiler L & N, or the L & N terminals at the load side of the fused connection unit, whichever is easier.

You should use two separate cables for this. One for the 24v connections and a second one for the 230V supply.

blinding,thanks mate. was going to put a seperate fuse spur in for the receiver unit, so boiler can be isolated seperatly for maintence, thank you for you help, i was planning on doing that but wanted confirmation. wasn't sure whether to use the 24v stat or the 230v terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back