connecting wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just bought a wireless thermostat (celect) and need to connect it. The installation instructions aren't very clear (to an electrical novice). Boiler is new and as yet has not been fired up, the only flex currently going to the boiler is taken from a switched fused spur(from ring main) and also a single looped wire already attached. My question is.... how do I connect the thermostat to the boiler, there are 4 ports on the receiver labelled 1, 2, N & L. Do I use a 2core from L & N from boiler to receiver and another 2 core from where looped wire is/was to 1&2 terminals on receiver? Please reply in laymans terms....

Sponsored Links
2. Wiring:
There are 3 wiring terminals at the bottom of the DRT 2, labelled as “COM”, (common), “NO”, (normal open) and “NC”, (normal close).
Connect the heater or cooler to the “NO” and “COM” terminals leaving the unused terminal empty.
Wire the correct cables to the terminal block according to the circuit diagram which is on the inside of the thermostat top cover.
Push all the cables back into the wall prior to fixing so as to avoid trapping any of the wires.
The fitting of a 5A fuse is recommended, (please refer to wiring diagram on the last page).
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back