Cooker hood question on ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I need to move your cooker hood 45mm to one side. I know flex isn't great due to the issues of collecting grease etc, but would a short span be ok as I can't seem to find a rigid connector that will work.

Thanks in advance.

H

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I need to move your cooker hood 45mm to one side. I know flex isn't great due to the issues of collecting grease etc, but would a short span be ok as I can't seem to find a rigid connector that will work.

Thanks in advance.

H
More info please , what exactly is issue with moving it ?

Thanks for asking.
I've remodelled the kitchen and in doing so have had to move the hob, to the right, by 45mm. I am not in a position to move the existing ducting as it is adjacent to a joist, so I need to connect to it with a slight angle to make up the 45mm.

I've read that flexible ducting is less than ideal due to grease and condensation getting stuck inside.

Does that make sense? Again, thanks for responding.

I had flexible ducting for 20 years before changing kitchen and it worked absolutely fine.
When I took it down there was only a thin sticky layer in there, nothing that would matter.
We cook everyday and fry very often.

Sponsored Links
I had flexible ducting for 20 years before changing kitchen and it worked absolutely fine.
When I took it down there was only a thin sticky layer in there, nothing that would matter.
We cook everyday and fry very often.
Agree as long as it’s a foil duct or you could use on offset section , depends on duct sizes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back