Copying slides, pictures, negatives best method?

Then as Sam Gangee says you have roughly twenty minutes of work in an editing program to remove dust and scratches. Fairly boring repetitive work
And it gave me a "Repetitive Strain Injury" which required three weeks of rest. Very painful and one that I shan't be repeating. (Caused by a trackball device - I found a mouse much easier to use.)
Never got on with those. They were supposed to lessen the chance of RSI, but a short session with one at around the same time you are talking about made my wrist feel strained. I usually use a combination of mouse and pen. Doesn't really matter about too much dust removal for home consumption, the main thing is that the images are digitised and easy to view. I've had a go at a few with a view to putting them with an agency though, and as the slides I have haven't been stored that well at times, some of them are pretty dusty and need a fair bit of work even after blowing them off.

Sponsored Links
I remember one firm being insistence that every hour I took a break. However in my case that was OTT as rest of the week I did not touch a computer. As I have scanned more, well really not scanned it's a camera in a case, I have found result vary some being very good. However lack of frame to take 120 and 110 film and the fiddling required for each negative or slide I am glad it was a very cheap promotional offer on opening of a new Aldi. Had I paid full price I would have been disappointed with it.

My original slide copier was designed in days of film and went 1:1 to around a 50% zoom in. However on my cut down DSLR I miss some of the picture I have to crop every image so the new device at least allows me to copy whole slide and negatives without cutting and putting in a slide mount.

Since it will work stand alone I can sit watching TV and also scanning pictures, but it is the Photoshop work which takes the time. However it is the same when I go on a photo shoot. I will go on a camera club walk and maybe take 100 images in 2 hours. Then 2 days to process them. But in the days of film I would only process monochrome, all colour photos went to processing house and came back as 4 x 5 inch prints. To now view those pictures on a 32 inch TV screen will clearly show defects I had never seen at time of taking. This picture.
PICT0057p.jpg

Seems great at 5 x 6 but on a monitor it is so much larger all the faults show. It is film grain rather than pixels problem it would seem the camera I had in Hong Kong was not very good or the film was not very good. At that point in my life I had no working SLR so it was a cheap range finder camera.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back