Correct water flow in central heating system / new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Just to say that I am new to forums and apologize in advance for any stupid questions. I've tried finding information about this but couldn't see any similar post.

Anyway, I've replaced 2 old convector radiators and added another one. All 3 new radiators are column type. They have two valve connections at the bottom and just one on the top (for air vent). Instructions say that water flow should enter at the bottom valve which is diagonally opposite to the air vent and exit at valve below the air vent. I observed original connection and pipework and connected accordingly, only exception is new radiator where I had to connect opposite due to awkward pipe position.

After switching on the heading it seems that hot water is coming in through the thermostatic valve which is just below the air vent. Now only the new radiator seems to be connected correctly. It seems that old didn't follow this "rule".

My question is will this cause any problems or reduce heat output. I can't move air vent as there is no hole at the other end, and I can't rotate radiators because hangers on the back have probably damaged radiator paint when attached. Should I try to do anything (new piping seems as only solution) or leave it as it is?

Another question is how much of radiator fluid I need for 7 radiators?

Thank you

:D

Sponsored Links
These are the B&Q column radiators?

The instructions do not explain the reason for piping them this way which doesn't help. If they work OK, then just leave them.

Yes, they are B&Q radiators (Acova brand). They seem to work fine I was just bit worried. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back