CPU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im'e working off a laptop with intel celeron 2.7 GHz.512 ram...with 64 MB DDR Video ram (UMA)..When i pull up something with high graphics with voice attatched,the lappy seems to get very hot and the fan is on constantly.Then the isp goes down....any thoughts?.

Sponsored Links
If you mean by "high graphics and voice" a high res video stream then I'm afraid your laptop is just not up to it. Integrated graphics are the lowest performance type available. If it doesn't support video decoding, then the CPU will have to take the workload, hence the temp and fan.

Agree with Dippy, but it would be worth checking all the air vents on your laptop - they tend to accumulate"fluff".

MikeD

definately worth giving it a good clean, also google for programs that can detect your cpu temp and fan speed so you can keep an eye on it.

If it temp gets too high it will shut your Laptop down automatically.

What make Laptop is it?

Sponsored Links
HI...Thanks for reply's..the laptop is a toshiba satellite A40...The problem only happens when the wife plays on "Mecca" online bingo...Does that help.

vokera80e said:
HI...Thanks for reply's..the laptop is a toshiba satellite A40...The problem only happens when the wife plays on "Mecca" online bingo...Does that help.

yes thats the casue, mecca i known to be hot

but seriuolsy, does it happen when your wife uses it for any other site, i am thinking perhaps its the way she holds it, perhaps blocking the air vents

Is the reason it only happens with online bingo because this is the most intensive (CPU/GPU wise) tasks it carries out? - could be.
It is indeed normal for the fans to increase speed as the CPU temp raises - otherwise you would have the fan going full speed all the time.
A quick test for you - open calculator, switch to scientific mode, enter a large number (just press random numbers about 10 or so times) then press the "n!" key (under log key) it will appear to hang, then after a while it will tell you its taking a long time and should youcontinue or stop, continue a few times and see if that causes the fan to cick in as you describe with the bingo.

Back