Damaged Downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a bit of advice with regards to a neighbours damaged downpipe.
As the pipe enters the ground and bends round it has cracked open leaving the rainwater to soak into the ground which in turn has entered my basement (not used as a basement although 6-7ft deep). Presumably this has caused the timber rot to the supporting joists which are being replaced.

Does anyone know any legal requirements the neighbour has to fulfil ?

I will be speaking to them (never seen them after living in the house for just over a year) but I wanted to get clued up first....

Any other advice or what I should be doing will be appreciated....

Sponsored Links
il78 said:
Does anyone know any legal requirements the neighbour has to fulfil ?
The owner is responible for maintaining their property. Why not talk to them first before worrying about the legal side and see what they say ?

edit - typo

The neighbour has caused the damaged iL78 I would assume (I no one shoudnt assume) is THE OWNER. So the question he is asking is what redress does he have on the person responsible for the damage, I would assume again that this is an insurance claim, but on whose insurance.

Sponsored Links
I have contacted my insurance company to which they can provide no assistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back