Damp in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone help with a simple short term solution to my damp problem please.

Basically just bought a house which has thrown me a problem in the utility/conservatory (it was clearly built to be used as a utility room due to still feeling like outside) with damp coming in through the right wall on picture. The wall appears to be built against a soil bank therefor water seeping through the join between the bricks and the concrete floor. As the floor as awful and not level then the water is running over the the left corner. The previous owners had placed some foam garage flooring down which made it 'out of sight, out of mind'!! The obvious solution to me is to dig down the soli bank and put in a retaining wall to support the bank leaving a gap to put a French drain in but will seek advice on that.

In the very short term is it possible to use a liquid epoxy DPM on the floor and coming up a few bricks until I can get the work done properly? Ive currently got a dehumidifier in there to help with the damp that's already there. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back