Damp in house

M

marsaday

I have finished working on a property i will rent out and have found a damp patch in the lounge.

I am pretty certain this has come from the toilet next door which had been leaking probably for years.

If you go outside the property this wall has a lot of salt stuff on the wall in the place where the toilet was. This toilet area is built on a concrete plinth and the water has tracked down the wall to hit the lounge wall.

There is a really big void under the house and i have been down to check and there is an old damp injection course on this wall and i have added a new one with dry zone just in case it is rising.

However i am pretty sure it is the concrete plinth which is the problem as it is still wet in places.

I removed the toilet about 8 weeks ago and it has a new one and so the cause of water has been stopped.

How long will it take for the walls to dry out.

I have powdery mildew coming out of two areas on different walls, all connected to the concrete plinth area. I have also replastered these walls from brick using browning and skim but i dont think this drying process is responsible for the wetness.

Sponsored Links
Put a dehumidifier and air blower in the lounge, normally the insurance have these going for up to 3 weeks.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back