Damp problem needing quick fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone can help me. The hallway in my ground floor flat has a slight damp problem. When we first moved in we stripped the wallpaper, had it re-plastered and once fully dried painted it. It looked great for a few weeks and then the paint started to bubble up in small areas, just on one side of the wall. We sanded it back and re-painted the area but it came back again after a few weeks. On the third attempt, it's also come back but this time I've also noticed small orange patches coming through (it looks like rust). The wall in question is an internal wall (on the other side is the communal hallway which we have also noticed has bubbling and crumbling paint). It's only in very small patches so I don't want to pay out for damp proofing. Does anyone have any quick fix solutions that they may know of? Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Hi, hessie,
I don't know of any quick solution.
The only other way apart from physically inserting a dpc (solid or liquid)
that I have seen is to strip the plaster off a larger area and nail a sort of corrugated plastic to the wall, I don't know the trade name, but it has a sand finish on one side to grip the plaster on top.
the corrugations allow air to pass up and down to vent under the floor and dry it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back