Danfoss 103E7 Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change an existing Danfoss 103E7 Timer. However, in spite of having the installation instructions for the Danfoss, I cannot work out how to remove it to access its backplate. The instructions for the Danfoss suggest a screw visible at the base of the unit, but I cannot find it. Anybody familiar with this type? I do not want to just pull it off the wall as I have plans for the Danfoss in another location.

Allan

Sponsored Links
There should indeed be a single screw underneath the base of the unit which secures the terminal cover.

This screw (and the terminal cover) should be removed completely - then it's a simple matter of sliding the timeswitch body upwards ^ 1/4" when the back plate and wall fixings will be revealed.

Lucia.

Many thanks. I will have another look later today, but am getting suspicious that this unit may have been modified, or that the screw is simply missing.

Allan

Problem now solved. Trunking directly under timer made it difficult to see the screw, or at least where it was supposed to be, but was missing! A good upward push and I have finally managed to separate the timer from the wallplate. Now I will have a busy afternoon installing the new one.

Many thanks

Allan

Sponsored Links
You'll have to find a new screw for the terminal cover, Allan, as you plan to reuse it for a different application.

How did you get on with the replacement programmer/timer?

Lucia.

I have not tackled the new timer installation yet; probably later this week. The need arises because the timer controls two gas heaters, and these need a power feed to disable, ie the opposite way to the normal function of a timer. The Honeywell ST6100C has a changeover contact so can provide this without the confusion at present where LED lit means heaters disabled and LED not lit means they are enabled.

re the missing screw, the original installers had mounted a length of plastic trunking immediately under the timer casing. The presence of this trunking made it impossible to insert and tighten the screw after slotting the timer onto the wallplate. I will not make the same mistake and will find a replacement screw.

Allan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back