Deceuninck Flush Casement Install. Am I being too picky?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

First time poster here. I had Deceuninck Flush Casement windows installed to replace my 90 year old pitch pine ones. I am a bit concerned about a few points, but having never had UPVC before, I don't know if I am being fair. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Only noticed after then had their first window cleaning today - but is it right that the brush element of the seal is sometimes partially exposed - and in this case as the window was washed caused the brushes to lap over the rubber? seal? Hopefully the photo might help.

I'd be keen to know if anybody has any experience of these types of windows.

PXL_20240404_130249689.jpg

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
I don't know how the opening/closing mechanism of these windows works, for example looking at the closed section on the right I can see there is a gap between the end of the brush pile and the upvc section to its right. Not sure if that gap should be that big?

Best contact the installer or manufacturer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back