Dentists and Nazis ..... ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Allegedly ...
.....Meanwhile, soaring prices in other metals has sparked a boom in scrap dealing. Dentists are among those profiting from soaring gold prices as they quietly arrange for the smelting down of fillings extracted from patients' mouths, the Guardian has learned......

Copper prices .....

....Concerned about a treasure hunt taking place down the back of the nation's sofas, the Royal Mint - which is responsible for the circulation of Britain's metal currency, while the Bank of England looks after paper notes - issued a statement warning that it is an offence for members of the public to "melt down a coin of the realm".

The additional price rise means that a tonne of copper made up of pre-1992 1p and 2p pieces, which are composed of 97% copper, would be worth £2,900. But if smelted into copper the value of the coins would soar to £4,700 - a profit of £1,800, and a return on investment of more than 60%. Those searching through their loose change should be careful to look for pennies and 2p pieces issued before September 1992, as since then the denominations have been stamped from steel with a thin copper plating.
With around 6 billion pre-1992 copper coins thought to be still in circulation in the UK, that means a veritable goldmine could be in the nation's pockets, purses and piggy banks.....

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1773185,00.html

:( :D :D

Sponsored Links
This Copper Business could get silly!

Ebay Link

Just Imagine tonight - Booooonnnng Booooonnnng......

News at TEN

Hospitals have seen a 300% increase in the number of injuries to people hands after reports that 2p and 1p coins are worth a mint.

A spokes woman at a hospital in Wales said that people were checking their sofas for loose change after the increase in Copper prices. Among the other items found down the back of the sofa was......

Remote Batteries, Odd socks, Marbles, pens with Cancer research printed on them, Pieces of Lego and mints with fluff attached.

I've half a mind to bid on that 2p. Starting bid is 2p so I can get a 2p for...... 2p. I get another sale chalked up on my ebay rating and the seller has to spend on posting it. You can't lose.

Dunno about Nazi`s but worrabout NHS.........Dozens of old Asylums/Hospitals Derelict.......MILES of dead electrical cable in there :eek: ........The Sussex one has already been Done ;) :LOL: :LOL: Allegedly according to the Forest Grapevine.......so all those sacked Maintenance workers who know the layouts.......might be worth buying them a pint or 2:cool: :LOL: I recon Zac Dingle will be at it on Emmerdale :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
careful pip otherwise joe will dismiss that the dentists had anything to do with the holocaust.

Back