DHW HE or DHW Thermister

yeah, plug on dry and leave old one connected. you only need to buy one because they are both identical.
Prob is the DHW thermister, there not expensive, around £15 i think.

Sponsored Links
As we all think mit may be the DHW sensor then the obvious thing to do is to replace it with a new one.

All you need to do is to to turn ON a hot tap and close the water inlet valve to the boiler until flow deases.

Then unscrew the old sensor and fit the new on with a little PTFE tape unless the new one has a rubber washer in which case no PTFE is needed.

Some of the references above are to a clip on dry thermistor which clips onto the pipe as used on later models.

Since the DHW pipe and the CH flow pipe are different diameters I am not sure if the clip on type is also available for the DHW as well but see what you get when you buy one. You could probably bend the clip to fit either!

A lot of words for a simple repair that I would do in 35 minutes including a basic service!

Tony

Righto, I don't want to speak too soon....but....

Changed the HW thermister yesterday morning.

Did a test of turning off the heating and cranking the HW setting up to about 3/4 full setting and it was fine. Previously this would have almost certainly caused issues. Since then have just been using the system as I normally would.

It's only been a day, but so far so good.

Sincere thanks to all who replied - very much appreciated. 'll be back if it starts up again.

Cheers!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back