Diagnosing an Electric Shower fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model: Mira Advance ATL Flex 9.0kW Electric Shower

I'm no longer able to use 'High Flow' mode as the shower cuts off. The shower also now cuts off when the toilet is flushed.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the water pressure so it would seem something inside the shower has failed.

Sponsored Links
The flow through the shower may be restricted ,kinked hose ,blocked filter, shower head partially blocked with limescale.
If you turn fully anti clockwise the water flow control knob and put the heating elements on the high setting ,what's the result ?

The flow doesn't look very strong to me.
Your shower has an inlet filter ,that should be replaced annually ,has this been done ? Its about the only thing the householder can do on the model you have. The fact that the showers flow cuts off when the toilet flushes ,even on the low setting ,is indicative that the shower water supply isn't good.
How old is the shower ,and have you noticed any drop in its performance ,prior to the current issue ?

Sponsored Links
TmzqouM.png

I replaced the filter today, as far as I know it's the first time it has been done. It does not seem to have made a difference.

I'm wondering whether to call United Utilities. They have recently been working on a house opposite but I do not think that that was the cause of the issue.

Also, recently, the combi boiler has repaired. A part - something to do with pressure as the old one broke was fitted.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back