Dishwasher BEKO DE2542FW - NEW 1st use - Not cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just got a dishwasher and on its hottest cycle (70 Celsius) it is still not cleaning, soap is left undissolved in the bottom of dishwasher, dishes are not cleaned properly and when the cycle finishes and I open the door nothing is dry, all dishes are still with drops all over the place.

Its brand new, done that on the 2 cycles I've tried. I thought it was a faulty unit and called up the appliance company which replaced it for another brand new unit, same model.

The second one behaves exactly the same as the first, which now makes me to think the problem is NOT the appliance.

I have put on salt, rinse aid and soap on it prior washing.

Notes to point are: The dishwasher is sitting on top of my sink's counter, due to lack of space on the floor of my kitchen, and because I cannot drill holes on the counter (due to rented property) I just used a longer inlet hose (3.5m) and same waste hose which came with the dishwasher machine (as it extends itself).

I'm not sure if the problem is water pressure as I haven't tested the pressure but my washing machine is plugged on the same water inlet pipe and runs normal (but is on floor level), I wonder if the 3.5m inlet hose can make the water pressure to be lower than in a shorter inlet?

And if the case that the dishwasher is over the floor level would affect on its performance too?

I'm trying to pinpoint what would be the problem before I can say again that the problem is with the appliance?

I'm getting very frustrated as it should be simple and is giving me headaches :(

Any thoughts about what can be the cause of it?

Please see photos of how the dishes come out afer a full "intensive" cycle.

I dont know how to put image to the message so the link for my album with the photos is this:

//www.diynot.com/network/MiAuZiNhA/albums/

Sponsored Links
Just two basic checks worth making.

Are you sure the arms are free to rotate and not hitting any washing up.

The outlet house usually has to discharge at a given hight in relation to the machine, looking on line a similar model needs to discharge no lower than 50cm and no higher than 110cm worth checking your fitting instructions.

as it is new, I wonder if there is still protective packing inside causing an obstruction. There are usually diagrams showing you all the bits that have to come out.

Do the arms spin freely? take out all the filters and make sure there is no blockage.

Open the door half-way through a cycle, verify that it has hot water and the arms are spinning (they will stop almost immediately you open the door)

If it works when you lift it down to floor level, then I expect the waste hose is just letting the water run out, so it never gets hot or full. It has to loop up to (what would normally be) worktop height, at the top of the machine.

Footprints and JohnD you are two genius! :)

I haven't read the manual from start to end as had a really busy past weeks and some personal problems took my brain away so could not stop to look into the problem properly.

I have raised the waste pipe to the height of the dishwasher and put it to drain inside my kitchen's sink instead of underneath the sink together the washing machine, as it was before, have tried a cycle to see if it would work properly and it DID work perfectly, the water heated up to 70C degrees and the dishes came out clean after the cycle had finished.

Problem solved!

Many many thanks for your time to help me out!!! :) :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back