Dishwasher drain hose query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I wonder if anyone could advise on a query for me.

I am looking at installing a dishwasher, however it is not next to the sink.

I was intending on purchasing a drain hose extension and have measured the route the hose could take under the kitchen units then over the hardboard back of the sink unit then connect to the spigot drain on the waste trap.

I reckon i need approx 2.8 to 3m of extension onto the supplied hose.

Will this be too long?

Also, do i still need the drain hose to be looped on the back of the dishwasher still or can i just have the one loop where the hose comes into the sink unit and attaches to the waste?

Many thanks for any advice it is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes that's ok. Looped at sink end to stop sink water going back down the pipe.

Yes that's ok. Looped at sink end to stop sink water going back down the pipe.

So i wouldn't need the loop on the back of the machine as well?

I was going to extend the hose and run it under the kitchen units i.e. along the floor, then up the back of the sink unit and onto the drain spigot.

Sponsored Links
Cool, thanks for the advice.

I now have a dilemma.

Option 1 - Freestanding dishwasher at end of kitchen units,extend fill hose and drain hose as per my above post extend worktop and fit end panel.

Option 2 - Fit integrated dishwasher in lieu of a kitchen unit near to sink, move old unit to end of existing units. Probably no need to extend drain and fill hose this way. Then extend worktop and fit end panel.

Depends on price of built in one. Can't you put a free standing one next to sink. It's only a door that's added to a built in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back