Dishwasher fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, any one out there help us with our dishwasher ( ignis adl350 ) we can select a program and the machine will start to take in water upon closing the door after a slight pause it then pumps the water out and switches off making the finished bleeping noise without completing a wash cycle, this happens on all programs...... any advise would be more then welcome. I have put this in test mode by holding the power and on button at the same time and we get 2 red lights blinking 1 after the other

Sponsored Links
If its more than 5 years old buy a new one. An engineer will cost about £100 plus parts that's if it can be repaired. The fault is similar to the one I had, the heating element had blown. It cost me about £140 for parts and an engineer, the dish washer was more than 5 years old but was integrated so I got it repaired to save money but after 18 months it packed up all together. If you decide to buy look at the www.pricerunner.com, I went through them and bought a new dishwasher from boots direct, saved £120 for the same modal which was at comet, they were excellent and I have bought many white goods from them and saved hundreds over the years.

If you post this in the Appliances section you will get many more suggestions.

This is the DIY Disasters section - unless you attempted to fix it and blasted yourself with water or got an electric shock, or the machine fell from a great height onto your leg, then this is not a DIY Disaster!!

Most likely a dirty sump, grease build up is detected by pressuure switch and tries to pump out, but grease just sticks, boiling water in the sump for a few washes can help clear it.

Sponsored Links
If its more than 5 years old buy a new one. An engineer will cost about £100 plus parts that's if it can be repaired. The fault is similar to the one I had, the heating element had blown. It cost me about £140 for parts and an engineer, the dish washer was more than 5 years old but was integrated so I got it repaired to save money but after 18 months it packed up all together. If you decide to buy look at the www.pricerunner.com, I went through them and bought a new dishwasher from boots direct, saved £120 for the same modal which was at comet, they were excellent and I have bought many white goods from them and saved hundreds over the years.
Depends on local engineer, ours will dismantle and assess at no charge, only charges if fix is required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back