Dodgy roof trims

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice. I've recently installed my own flat roof using Rubberall, which I found to be very easy to do myself and compared to other products I was looking at, it was a good price for the life expectancy. I used PVC sure edge trims around the outside but it's only been three months and they've warped quite badly to the point that the front part has come right away from the roof! I've been told now that this can be a problem with using PVC for this. I've been told of another product which is environmentally friendly called Quicktrim. I wondered if anyone had any experience of these?

Sponsored Links
Hello Oddjob, I too had problems with PVC trims, they looked ok to start with ( Not everyone's cup of tea but I don't mind the shiny look) but after six weeks or so, they started to bend out of shape. In fact so much that the front part of the gutter trim came away entirely. I also had problems with the corners which I thought were great as they clipped on and were held in place with super glue. They came away as well though, I think because of the expansion you were talking about and the glue obviously doesn't have any "give". I have Quicktrim installed on my garage roof now and we're most pleased with them. They've been up now for nearly 18 months, so when you consider the PVC trims hardly lasted that many weeks, I think that should tell you all you need to know.

oddjob1200 & skidmore,

Is it possible for either of you to post pics of the problems? I'm not familiar with these trims, and perhaps others also have an interest in what you have to say and show.

Sponsored Links
Thanks skidmore, I've actually gone ahead with the Quicktrim now. I will post pictures asap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back