Does anybody have any suggestions on how to obtain a good initial trade discount with Howdens?

• Thread starter Deleted member 290061
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 290061

I'm buying my first kitchen from Howdens and so will need to set up a trade account with them this week before they come out and measure up. Does anybody have any tips that could help me start off with a reasonably good trade discount?
The reason I'm asking is that from what I understand their discounts can vary significantly and can be based on location and personal rapport with the managers
Please feel free to send a private message

Sponsored Links
Get a comparable quote from other sources such as wren or DIY kitchens and if they are cheaper ask for a price match.

Usually to get discount you need to build up a relationship and prove spending worth

I was in this boat, some months ago... I ended up with a DIY kitchens, didn’t like the way Howdens sell theirs... Especially the October big sale that doesn’t really knock anything off.

DIYK was practically 50% of the Howdens quote, and after seeing both, think DIYK are Slightly better made and there’s a lot more sizes to pic.

I went for a painted wood finish, door build is excellent.

Good luck

also DIYK have an online planner, so you can design your own.

Many people have said that DIYK are good and very reasonably priced but with Howdens you've got the support of a large network so sending items back and getting problems solved tends to be easier - are you in the trade do you mind me asking Mr Chibs? Sounds like you're kitchen has worked out well
Get a comparable quote from other sources such as wren or DIY kitchens and if they are cheaper ask for a price match. Usually to get discount you need to build up a relationship and prove spending worth
I'll hopefully persuade them on "potential future purchases" I could make

Sponsored Links
No, not my first trade, but was offered an account due to renovating a couple of houses.

I too thought that the support element ruled out DIYK in favour of a Howdens.
Well I had some minor damage (Some backs came unstapled) to some DIYK units... had to make a ‘web’ post with images But a week later new, complete units arrived.

The company had been excellent in sorting it out.

Only real niggle... delivery was 9pm Friday evening... and I wasn’t the last of the night. :eek:

Yeah I've heard professional house refurbishers/developers sing the praises of DIYK
Only real niggle... delivery was 9pm Friday evening... and I wasn’t the last of the night. :eek:
To be fair I think you're very understanding to call that a "niggle" :LOL:

I would also 2nd diy kitchens. The fitter who I've just had fit mine does lot's of howdens kitchens per year and yet they still couldn't get anywhere near the price I got from diy. He was also surprised that the quality of the cupboards and especially the doors was better quality than howdens. I can't comment on there after service as my order was all delivered without any problems

Benchmarx agreed to undercut any quote I got from Howdens.
Did you choose to go with Benchmarx or are are you still deciding? Do you know if Benchmarx are flatpack or solid carcass from the factory?
I suppose the market is quite competitive.

Did you choose to go with Benchmarx or are are you still deciding? Do you know if Benchmarx are flatpack or solid carcass from the factory?
I suppose the market is quite competitive.
I used Benchmarx , there range is ready assembled.

Another for DiyK. Not in the trade, but fitted a few over the years, and wouldn't go anywhere else now.

The box of tea bags and packet of biscuits they included was a nice touch!

DIYK are incredibly popular it has to be said - didn't hear about the biscuits and teabags though lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back