Door and windows draught

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I have a pvc front door and window that seems to let in a draught. I think I know why there is a draught but not quite sure on the best way to stop it.

The front door hinges seem to have worn and the whole door has sort of toppled over from the top leaving a slight gap at the top right-hand part of the door. This is where the draught is coming from. To fix this is it a case of replacing the hinges? Is this an easy job for a competentish DIYer or does it need a glazer? Do the original screw holes in the door frame and door needs filling or can it take being removed and screwed in again. Not sure if they are self tapping or what.

The window draught seems to be coming from where the glass meets he section that holds it in. Can I apply a silicon sealant around this or is there supposed to be a little space for movement?

Thanks for your help...

pics here

My Albums Link: //www.diynot.com/network/Piestuff/albums/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back