DPM soil stack and cavity wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all
I have been doing some renovations to my house. I noticed that round internal soil stack the floor was fairly damp and crumbly. The house is a 1980’s build. I chipped away at the crumbling concrete and I was left with a small hole where I could see through the cavity.

As the soil stack comes down the internal wall, through the concrete and then passes through the cavity I noticed that there was a piece of DPC flapping down as there is no cavity block just below ground level due to the crossing of the soil pipe. I would imagine it just crumbled when they installed the stack in the 80’s. I have some strong DPC tape, I don’t think I would be able to bond another small piece of block under the DPM due to the lack of space.

I don’t want to create issues but how best is it to try and seal this cavity wall so that damp doesn’t penetrate? Added to the confusion is one of the fittings to the soil stack has been dripping for some time so this could have caused the damp floor but it also could be the fact that DPC is missing at this point. I hope I haven’t lost you all at this point :)
Thank you
Michael

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back