Dry Lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:arrow: :evil: Help I am trying to renovate my house, and if I had the money I would gladly hire a builder. However I cant, so could someone please give me some advice. I own an old council house built some where between 1950 and 1954, not even my local council can give me a date and even less a set of plans. Well that is not my problem, well not yet any way. I have taken out the wall between the toilet and the outside storage room, and this is on the back of the house. The rooms were not plastered just white washed, and they are as rough as a bears backside. I would like to dry line them, but what would be the best way to attach the plaster boards to the painted brick wall.
Any advice welcome... :confused: :?: :!:

Sponsored Links
Just to ease my mind, I take it that you got it all checked out by a structual engineer first before taking out the wall? If the storage room was on the back of the house then the wall you've taken out was probably load bearing and could be carrying the weight of the upstairs floors and roof... :eek:

Apologies if I'm trying to teach Granny to suck eggs... :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back