Dual Flush toilet intermittently running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dual flush loo starts running sometimes (but no means all the time) after a flush. Sometimes its a thin stream, other times a bit less. I've left it without the cistern lid for a few days at a time, and it doesn't seem to happen then. It only seems to happen when the chrome flush is on, or alternatively I've tried it with the round chrome mechanism screwed down but not the actual chrome buttons, and it has done it then as well. I'm wondering if it's the flush mechanism sticking, and if so, what I can easily try to remedy this. It's a fairly new loo (less than 6 months).
Thanks so very much for any help.
I've attached some pics (I think - this is my first time on this forum!)

Sponsored Links
Hi

It maybe the rods that operate the mechanism are lifting the flushing valve very slightly of its seat when the lid is fitted.

Sponsored Links
Thank you to Charnwood for putting the pics on the message for me.

It maybe the rods that operate the mechanism are lifting the flushing valve very slightly of its seat when the lid is fitted.

That would make sense - any idea what I could do about this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back