Dust management - small workshop ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy y'all.

Recently joined the forum, but to explain my situation, I am about to begin the process of rebuilding the old shed at the end of the garden as its walls will soon fall down if i dont knock them down. So once rebuilt i intend to kit this out as a functional small workshop. Dimensions approx 6m x 4m (8ft high).
So with this mind I am constantly brainstorming and will probably be pitching various questions at the forum to bounce around as and when they occur to me.

My thoughts on this occasion have turned to Dust Management.
I am aware of large scale dust extraction systems like we have at college but we are nowhere near this sort of scale. I know nothing of dust extraction systems or how they work. Are there smaller systems suitable for a space such as mine....or should i be thinking more along the lines of just a good workshop vacuum cleaner?

Please expand and enlighten me with your collective wisdoms. Thank you :eek:)

Sponsored Links
As oilman in the link suggests, festool is a good option.
Their dust collection is second to none.

I find the industrial vacume very useful for extraction directly from power tools such as routers and c/ saw's whereas a thicknesser needs a 4" extractor from something that can handle a bit more capacity.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back