DVD disk not writing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to burn some (data) DVDs using the Samsung Writemaster (SE-W164) external dvd writer. The writer is supposed to be DVD+-RW but when I put in a Imation DVD+RW disc its not being recognised. When I tried a HP DVD+r disk it writes to it fine. I'm using CdBurnerXP to do the writing.

Why is the Imation disc not being recognised? Can it only write to some discs and not others?The user manual says it should be writing to all CD and DVD discs. The label on the reverse of the drive is marked DVD+-R/RW but on the front is stamped DVD R/RW, does that mean something different?

Sponsored Links
Im guessing its a brand spanking new dvd fresh out of the case, and that it hasnt been writeen to before? Also what speed is the drive and the dvd itself?

Not really, its a well looked after older drive that I got off ebay!

The DVD+r disc that it can write to is labelled "16x". The driver write speed for this disc is spec-ed as "16x".

The DVD+RW disc that it doesn't write to is labelled "4x". The driver write speed for this disc is spec-ed as "8x"

Does that mean the DVD+RW disc fails because its trying to write at a higher speed? Funny thing is, the driver doesn't even recognise the DVD+RW disc?

Sponsored Links
Back