ecoTEC plus 824 - digistat +3 issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our heating is dead and winter is coming...Got a little baby now so need it sorted.

The system is Valliant ecoTEC plus 824 and drayton digistat +3 wired (no batteries; no RF).

The system was turned off for the summer - boiler on OFF (by turning the radiator knob to the left) and digistat +3 in summer mode (option 8 ON).

We had a strange problem in July - when warmstat was turning on to preheat the water central heating was switching on (just so it's clear with both devices on SUMMER MODE). Sorted it by pressing reset on boiler, turning warmstat off, turning warmstat ON and option 7 ON (Restore pre-set programme) on digistat +3. Central heating was not switching on when warmstat was preheating water. All was well.

Yesterday I decided to test the central heating as winter is coming (and September has been cold so far...) so I turned the central heating on the boiler and switched off summer mode on digistat +3. Using MAN (manual) option on digistat +3 - by increasing the temp I was getting burner (candle icon) on digistat +3 but central heating was not working. Thinking it's digistat +3 again I put option 7 ON (Restore pre-set programme) and then central heating started to work. I kept it going for 15 minutes, decreased MAN temperature so it stops heating and turned it on for 15 minutes in the evening. All was fine.

This morning I decided to test it again - no luck at all, central heating dead. This time putting digistat +3 option 7 ((Restore pre-set programme) to ON doesn't help....What I do know is that when I press + and - together on the boiler heating works for 10 minutes as it should (I believe it's a test feature).

What could be wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back