Electric proms at the Roundhouse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been watching the electric proms with Sir Paul McCartney.

Wonderful musically and a nice atmosphere but rather a disapointment that it was not shot in HD and did not have multichannel sound.

Yet another example of the "cuts" at the BBC. Its not quite what it seems! The actual cost to the BBC is virtually the same but the internal costing is much higher if they get the HD equipment out on account of the internal facilities costing.

The HD kit stays in the stores and the standard definition is used. Result poorer viewing experience, lower production costs, lower income for BBC facilities management.

Since the BBC already have the HD kit it should be used at any opportunity when the transmission justifies the extra realism.

The contrast with the following Heroes program shot in HD just shows up how poor the pictures were.

I did not like the heavy editing before the electric prom was shown. I know its less slick but a live gig transmitted live has a special charisma and that was lost in the edited version broadcast three hours later.

Bring back the old BBC where quality mattered!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Bring back the old BBC where quality mattered!

Tony
Absolutely no chance of that ever happening again, for one thing most of the old creative staff have left or retired, and most of the facilities have been sold off, with the london setup being sold off soon and the move to salford, to me and other ex staff it looks like the last nail in the coffin.
Look on the bright side, all those years(50+) that the public spent investing in the Beeb to make it the world leader in broadcasting has been sold off (extremely cheaply at times) and let fall into the disrepair we see today.
The cheek of it is, with less programming being made by the beeb they mostly buy stuff in, with less staff at the beeb, with nearly all london property sold off and the new premises in salford been built by and at the cost of the local council in order to bring work to the area, they still have the audacity to ask for more on the licence fee!
After whats happened with the last lot of investment I dont think people would be so willing to lose their money again.
If the truth was let out about some of the dodgy deals involving selling off and contracts to independant programmers that appeared overnight that went on at the beeb in the mid 80's to late 90's all hell would break out.
The beebs had its day, maggies henchmen have done their dismantling job and left Auntie to die slowly.

Sponsored Links
Back