Energenie TRV heads not following Nest 3 all the time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The idea is turn the dial on Nest or set a schedule or use Phone or PC and the four Energenie heads should auto match new setting.

Using the phone with the Energenie software and the heads follow, but any of the other methods and the TRV heads remain at the old setting.

If I view the Nest temperature with the Phone, not try to change, just view, and all the TRV heads follow Nest as they should, and PC software shows they have changed to new temperature, but with PC Energenie head don't auto follow, and with scheduled change they don't follow.

I can unfollow Nest and set the TRV heads to change at the same time as Nest, but then if anyone turns the Nest thermostat up manually the boiler will run but rooms will not heat up.

I some times get error server not responding please try again.

Until I have worked out the problem I have unfollowed and set TRV heads same as Nest as if Nest runs without TRV opening it could cause pump to cavitate, boiler OK that will still heat domestic hot water, but could damage pump.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi there Your pump shouldn't cavitate if you have one manual TRV. This is usually the towel rail or bathroom radiator. Is it happening all the time. Or are you just better a drop in wi-fi signal. Also some TRV's only work with certain software.

Hi there Your pump shouldn't cavitate if you have one manual TRV. This is usually the towel rail or bathroom radiator. Is it happening all the time. Or are you just better a drop in wi-fi signal. Also some TRV's only work with certain software.
Bathroom radiator does not have a TRV head, however it is not pumped, it is on the thermo syphon same as DHW so it will not stop the pump cavitation.

I don't think the follow command will ever work, the TRV head is at moment reporting target 17°C current 16°C and the Nest also in the hall shows 18°C both target and current, there is 2°C difference along the hall.

What I hope is with 10 TRV heads on that pump one will always be open to some extent.

Sponsored Links
Back