Expansion tank level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
14) CHANGING A CISTERN FLOAT VALVE

For the smaller F & E cistern supplying the heating system..........

Adjust float to cut off water when the water level is 100 mm deep to allow for water expansion.

How important is the depth. The level in my expansion tank is 175mm ensuring that the bottom of the overflow pipe is always under water. Could this explain why I continually have to bleed the system ?

Sponsored Links
The level in my expansion tank is 175mm ensuring that the bottom of the overflow pipe is always under water. Could this explain why I continually have to bleed the system ?

It will explain why your garden is being watered regularly. :LOL:

Can you check as your overflow pipe should be around 150 mm from the top of the tank. :eek:

when you say Overflow pipe, do you mean Vent?

Sponsored Links
when you say Overflow pipe, do you mean Vent?

It is the overflow pipe. It exits the tank 70 mm from the top but if you can picture an upside down L shape that is 170 mm from the top and hence 25mm or so are submerged in water

ps This is linked to " still getting air in the C/H system after chemical cleaning " - photographs now included in that post as requested by John D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back