extending bath taps - plastic pipe ok?

W

westie1961

hi all, having a new bath fittted, we need to turn the bath around,
this means extending the pipe work to the taps.

one pipe is a 22mm and the other is a 15mm.

would it be feasible to use plastic pipe to extend the pipework?

do those pipe freezing kits work

Sponsored Links
Plastic is fine. Just follow manufacturers instructions (proper cutter, inserts etc) and you should be fine. Freezing kits do work.......but i would turn off cold mains and use gate valve to close off hot.....best to be sure if you have little experience of how to freeze and how long you may need to keep the pipes frozen

hi, the shop who supplied the bath said you should shower at the same end as the taps. we have a mixer shower (excel ev) and its fitted to the wall at the other end of the bath.

i would use copper pipe but most place seems to sell it in large bundles but i would only need 4 metres.

thanks for the quick response

go to the diy store they sell it seperate lenghts

have the shower where you want.

Sponsored Links
hi, the shop who supplied the bath said you should shower at the same end as the taps. we have a mixer shower (excel ev) and its fitted to the wall at the other end of the bath.

i would use copper pipe but most place seems to sell it in large bundles but i would only need 4 metres.

thanks for the quick response
Places like B&Q sell pipes individually as well as in packs, often there will be a pack price and an individual price so you can split a pack and pay for as much as you need. I used plastic and pushfits for this exact same thing, worked a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back