Extension brickwork / roof question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building an extension, its 3.8m x 5m with one of the shorter sides being joined onto the house, all solid walls.
On one of the long walls I have a 3.5m catnic lintel (pic attached) for a bifold door.
  1. Can I lay a wall plate directly on top of this lintel or should I lay a few courses of brick on top of this first?
  2. Usually wall plates are about the width of a brick, should I bed the wall plate in on the inner or outer layer of my solid wall? I'm guessing the inner layer
  3. I want one of the longer walls to be 1 course higher than the opposite side which should give me around a 1 degree angle for water to run off the flat roof, is this right ? or should I do them the same height and cut a slight angle in the joists? (this seems like harder work)

Attachments

• CN81C-Insitu.png
    CN81C-Insitu.png
    691.5 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back