Exterior wall damp proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased an end terraced house built around 1920 ish. There is a path between this house and the next which is earth and broken slabs on top. This path is around one metre higher than the internal floor level and I have a damp area at one end which is around one metre high and two metres wide. I assume that the soil against the exterior wall will have to be dug out and some form of barrier or damp proofing applied to the exterior wall and the soil reinstated. Can anyone advise whether this is correct and what should be applied to the exterior of the wall.. The inside wall will be hacked off and a damp course injected and the render and plaster made good.

Sponsored Links
You remove the earth and leave it removed, very difficult to waterproof entire wall, if you just do lower half you trap rain water and still have a damp problem.
If you reinstate the soil you reinstate the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back