External PIR floodlight - change of lamp head query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house we've bought has a PIR on the rear of the house, running a floodlight. One of the cheapo square things.

No problem with that, except when triggered it lights the garden fine, but also the bungalows over the back! Well and truly overpowered for the job in hand.

So...given that I'm a cheap sod, and we have a perfectly operational PIR, just an unsuitable lamphead, can I, in theory at least, unwire the lamphead from the PIR, bin it, and then run, say..2 bulkheads at 60/100watt from the PIR instead?

That'd suit my needs a whole lot better....

Cheers All!

Sponsored Links
Ah, yes..I could do that.. :) I only want 1 bulkhead to light up the front on the house, and the other to light up round the side...not to light up the old folks houses. God knows how long they've had to put up with it, much like the 9ft+ cherry laurel bushes. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back