Facebook to pay millions of pounds more in UK tax

Have you, Himmy , ever watched the parliamentary channel on tv when our own MP's have been debating things that affect everyone in the UK? I very much doubt it. Half the time the debating chamber is 3/4 empty. Our own parliament is a farce. Over in the House of Lords, you could play, "Spot the Lord that's awake" and you'd be hard pressed to find one (apart from the one that's speaking)
My honest opinion is that MP's should be made to attend every debate, or forego a percentage of their nice living wage they're paid to be MP's

Sponsored Links
Have you, Himmy , ever watched the parliamentary channel on tv when our own MP's have been debating things that affect everyone in the UK? I very much doubt it. Half the time the debating chamber is 3/4 empty. Our own parliament is a farce. Over in the House of Lords, you could play, "Spot the Lord that's awake" and you'd be hard pressed to find one (apart from the one that's speaking)
My honest opinion is that MP's should be made to attend every debate, or forego a percentage of their nice living wage they're paid to be MP's
I thought the argument for sovereignty is that UK is more democratic outside EU?
With its swinging this way and that legislation depending on which side is in power, the UK Parliament, IMO, is less effective in long term strategy.
Its legislation is usually designed to implement the promises used during elections to gain power, rather than in best interests of the electorate.

Sponsored Links
Back