fair price ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all please can i ask your expert opinion.

i need to buy a basic desktop pc.a local pc shop [independent] will sell me a pc.has celron 2.4ghz 478.menory 256 ddr.xp home.40gb hard drive 7200.
for £279.00 inc vat.
i will not buy from pc world of lies,dixons.comets or currys.or any major shed.

thank you for reply.

Sponsored Links
Not really enough information to make an opinion. I agree with the PC world bit, but when buying a PC from anywhere, you need to look at the quality of the components. A good independant will give you a list of components used.

Can you tell us:

Which motherboard is being used?

Is the graphics adaptor integrated and, if so, much memory can it use? Remember, this will eat into your meager 256K.

Does it have a CD ROM or a CD or DVD writer?

Floppy drive?

Does it come with keyboard, mouse, speakers,monitor?

How big is the power supply?

Monitor?

How much warranty does it have?

igorain thanks for reply.
yes i know little about pc;s.
i have seen this item at www.micro-logic.com.
its their logic xp base system with celron 2.4 ghz.
any more info greatly appricated.

Sponsored Links
It is a budget system, which is reflected in the price, but I would consider the following upgrades. An 80GB hard drive is generally considered the minimum and for the extra 6 quid would be worth having. Also, it has a 64MB Integrated graphic adaptor. That means the 64MB will be taken from the 256MB system RAM, leaving only 192MB for everything else. Consider an upgrade to at least 512MB RAM. Their memory upgrade price would depend on they are using. A CD or DVD writer are standard kit these days and this machine only has a ROM.

I suppose it depends what you want to do with it?

Back