Faulty High Flow 400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Hope someone can help me. I have a High Flow 400 electronic combi boiler. Just replaced expansion vessel since the old one was knackered. Pressure set to 1.5 bar but water venting out overflow pipe before and during use of CH. Have to keep adding pressure but this keeps venting away?

Sponsored Links
blockage between vessel and boiler (collapsed hose) or just good old dirt stuck in valve.

Sound like the pressure relief valve is knackered,u mat find further problems but this must be replaced first by an registerd gas installer as its a safty device.
good luck

Good advise from Heatingman above,be wise to replace prv still after its been discharging so much!

Thanks for the prompt replies. I was told this from the 1st heating engineer I spoke to. Promptly boght one and he failed to show up. "nd heating engineer notice the Ezxpansion vessel was kapoot and said the pressure release vale was unlikely to be at fault. I then took this back to merchants and bought the new expansion vessel. Trying to get an engineer at this time of the year is a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
Sound like the pressure relief valve is knackered,u mat find further problems but this must be replaced first by an registerd gas installer as its a safty device.

It doesn't. He can do it himself.

Would it worthwhile replacing the metal flexi hose from the expansion vessel?

When turning the PRV the water vents faster than it normally does. Can the PRV be stuck open?

Yes it could be dirt stopping it seating proper or the spring could be worn.

Just so u know u can work on your own gas appliance in your own house but u have to be deemed competant to do so!
Competance is proved-which u will have to do ifsomething goes wrong by holding a current ACS certification.
Also if u need to ask then u cant be competant.
Its your decision-now u have the facts decide for yourself.

Just a reply for tonner-it is irresponsible to tell people on a forum that they are ok to do things for them self when they dont posses all the facts.
I know its a difficult time of year but there could be further problems that an rgi could sort for u instead of u buying parts fitting them and still being no better than when u started.
A good local engineer should have everything he needs on his van to sort your problem.
Its your decission pal just make it yourself and take anything that the forum TROLL says with a pince off!

Just replaced expansion vessel since the old one was knackered.
how did you come to this conclusion?
I'm a heating engineer and come accross very few exp vessels that are not serviceable, the only time I ever change them is when they are leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back