Fernox F4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. My gas engineer is coming to service my boiler in a couple of weeks. Last year he added Fernox F4 Express leak sealer into the boiler which works well. He set boiler pressure to 1.5 last February and it dropped to 1.3 shortly after but has stayed at 1.3 which is fine. Before using Fernox it kept going down and down and I had to keep repressurising the boiler.

I'm just wondering if it's just as easy for him to add the regular non Express F4? I only ask because it's a little cheaper to buy. Or would he be like "no you should have bought the Express version".

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The simple answer is he shouldnt have used F4 anyway, if you have a leak , find it and fix it, turning your system water into mud is never the answer

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the sort of stuff you can put in your car engine to seal a faulty head gasket but then gums up your engine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back