fitting underfloor heating to a y plan system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a conventional boiler on a y plan system but want to put underfloor heating in my conservatory...the underfloor system has its own pump bar system but my question is where do i fit the flow to the underfloor heating system do i t off after the pump & before the three port valve...then fit a 2 port valve on the underfloor heating side??? can anyone help...thanks..

Sponsored Links
Tee the UFH flow in between the pump and 3 port valve and fit a 2 port valve on the UFH flow providing the UFH bar doesn't already have one.

Make sure you tee the UFH return into the CH return and not between the cylinder retun tee and the boiler.

Tee the UFH flow in between the pump and 3 port valve and fit a 2 port valve on the UFH flow providing the UFH bar doesn't already have one.

Make sure you tee the UFH return into the CH return and not between the cylinder retun tee and the boiler.
so fitting it this way ...can the 3 port & the 2 port be wired so they work independantly...ie if if the call for heat on the hot water side ...then the 2 port valve on the ufh side will close and the heating side on the 3 port? or if the heating side is up to heat and the ufh side is not....the valves can be wired so they open accordingly?

Sponsored Links
The trouble with using the 3-port and 2-port together is that at least one of the ports on the 3-port will always be open. You wouldn't be able to have the underfloor heating on, on its own. It would always heat either the radiators or the hot water at the same time.

well if you're running all the pipe and rewiring for 1 extra 2 port, it cant be that much hassle to swap out the 3 port for 2 2ports. remember to get a 3 channel clock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back