fitting vapour barrier

M

marsaday

i have been told you use a staple gun to fit a VP over the insulation before the plaster board goes on?

is this correct, just a simple stationary gun?

Sponsored Links
One of the palm squeeze ones, not an office desk paper joining one.
Or a leccy one can be had quite cheap. If using foil backed plasterboard, no need for VB.
If using the insulated PB as per my other reply then also no need.

Any pb that has insulation bonded to it is vapour-proof and you do not need to check it any further or add another barrier.

Sponsored Links
on cost grounds i am going to use normal PB. there will be 125mm celotex behind this as well. to be safe i will be putting in a VB.

Right thing to do. Very little cost and you don't have to try and cut the board with surgical precision.

So Chukka, what do you do about the holes/inaccurate cutting/battens out of vertical and consequent gaps with the insulation board infill ?

much cheaper and easier to use a plastic sheet rather than having to slice of all the excess bubbling above the line of battens so you can get pb to screw down flat

no,thats what i was told to do by the BI but i dont get many gaps.

much cheaper and easier to use a plastic sheet rather than having to slice of all the excess bubbling above the line of battens so you can get pb to screw down flat

much easier to cut the boards accurately and no VP or expanding foam (as i do) .Im just quoting BCO,

What's the VP you keep mentioning and are you sayimg your battens are EXACTLTY vertical and you then cut your panels EXACTLY square so there are no gaps at all ?

VB sorry,no rafters not square but you can cut the boards on the angle to suit :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back