Fixed - Heating not working (SIME Ecomfort combination boiler)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: Never mind. I figured it out myself. Thanks anyway!

Hello,

Last night, my SIME Ecomfort combination boiler was showing the AL 02 error message. Pressure was well below 1 bar. I first increased it to 1.1 bar, but the error message was still showing, even after I turned the boiler off and on again several minutes later. I increased the pressure further, and it shot up to 2.8 bar within a few seconds. The error message vanished, and the hot water started working again, but the heating still doesn't come on.

At the moment, the display is showing 51, the little sun symbol and the green light. Pressure has dropped to 2.4 bar.

The boiler was last inspected by a plumber in November for the gas safety check, and it was working fine till last night.

I'm thinking that since the error message vanished and the hot water is working, maybe it's a settings problem that prevents the heating from coming on? Or is the pressure still too high, and the heating will only come back on once it's gone down?

Any advice appreciated!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back