Fixing wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I notice two problems around my house. The first is wallpaper is coming away at the bottom of a 'hanged' wallpaper roll due to decorator not waiting look enough for a damp wall to dry out and second wallpaper not sticking anymore between sheets on ceilings. My question is what is the best way to fix this?

I am thinking mixing up a bit of wallpaper paste and using a a tiny artist's type brush to get right into the gap without ripping the wallpaper and then pressing firm? Is it that simple (never wallpapered ever!) or are there products/tools to make this easy?

Matt

Sponsored Links
Lightly moisten the back of the wallpaper and allow to soak for a few minutes, then apply a border adhesive, this is sometimes called overlap adhesive and is available from the sheds.
Then just ease the paper back and you should be fine.

Dec

Just worried about a) not getting in far enough and ripping the paper and b) ripping it just by lifting it out

Sponsored Links
Matt,

Use a small brush and apply the adhesive using only very light pressure, just dont be to heavy handed and you should be fine.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back