floor not level - new buildish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have lived in the new persimmon house for nearly 3 years now and have an issue with one of the bathrooms.

Have noticed that the wayrock floor is not level across the width ( 1.6 m wide and appears to be out by 2cm from one end to the other.

When we moved in we just got lino put down and now I am looking to start tiling ..I have noticed this.

Have pulled back the lino and can see that the floor boards they have cut and then put down and as such there are 2 floorboards that have been cut and so no T&G just flat end's ..however these 2 boards are resting on a joist however at most of the length we are looking at an 8 mm gap... is this something i should worry about or look to level when i tile ( although quite a size to level)...I assume NHBC would need to be involved if this was going to be an issue..

Thoughts ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back