Flushing wall button leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flushing button in the wall, and no tank, the water comes from a reservoir I have on the roof, and according to how long I press the button it flushes. My issue is , the button in the wall is leaking water when I push it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Behind the tile is limestone wall, on the other side of the wall is another bathroom.

The flushing button is basically a tap that only opens when pushed, unless there is an access in the other bathroom then the only answer is to remove the tile and fit a new button.

Andy

I have a new problem...I don't have extra tiles to replace. These aren't recently placed. So I won't find matching.

Or the button 'might' screw out and screw a new one in place, the water will have to be turned off first and drained down.

Andy

Tried unscrewing the button, it doesn't unscrew. I guess I will just have to go around hoping to match the tile.

You may be better to get a plumber from your local area who understands how these cisterns work.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back