For the Genuine Night Owls..on here

M

Mickymoody

I saw a report in the Metro today, that said overheating of the body brought on night-terrors, that might cause cotdeath in babies, teenage bowel/bladder problems, and lack of sleep in middle aged, leading onto distraction into the elder generation, that leads to sleep, distraction and death. Plus issues with switched rotas from early to late and back again, with no breaks.

So becoming middle-aged, and a young girl gave up her seat for me, on the bus, and I regularilarily have night terrors, I thought, maybe.

So I thought...maybe for once there maybe truth in the story? I'm getting older, I've swapped shifts, and my bodyclock doesn't work, and I have frequent night terrors, they are like nightmares, but you wake up, then go back to sleep to the same scenario, or the picture is reset, or you will relive the same scenario time and time again, each time waking up, then reliving it, or the most worrying one, where, your body is disabled, not able to move a muscle.

The main players about shiftswitch are airline pilots, and train drivers, And there was a report that an incedent occurred, when due to fatigue, the train driver passed out due to fatigue. Then let his locomotive roll backwards at 50mph, for several miles..True.

Most people talk rubbish, but some are true, whoever is the first to write true?

Sponsored Links
, or the most worrying one, where, your body is disabled, not able to move a muscle.

, ?
That although disconcerting , is a natural state for sleep - the problem is waking up suddenly , and being in a state of rigor :idea:

I saw a report in the Metro today, that said overheating of the body brought on night-terrors, that might cause cotdeath in babies, teenage bowel/bladder problems, and lack of sleep in middle aged, leading onto distraction into the elder generation, that leads to sleep, distraction and death. Plus issues with switched rotas from early to late and back again, with no breaks.?

It is an interesting thing indeed. It does seem to make sense that by playing around with one's body clock and in particular one's sleep/resting periods (including the physical environment in which one does sleep) will have an effect on one's level of health.

Even short term examples such as that feeling of adrenalin readjustment when one has a break from work, or that slight periods of variational unease during a holiday abroad add weight to the argument.

The older you are and the more fixed you become in your ways means that you are less likely physically or psychologically to quicklyadapt to new environments and regimes. So all in all, it does make some sense.

Sponsored Links
, or the most worrying one, where, your body is disabled, not able to move a muscle.

, ?
That although disconcerting , is a natural state for sleep - the problem is waking up suddenly , and being in a state of rigor :idea:

Sleep paralysis.

Derren Brown explored this in a program he did about ghosts. Anyone who claims to have woken and seen a ghost, or been pinned down to the bed has probably suffered from this instead. It explains a lot of poltergeist reports.

I once woke up with this, the sharp end from a feather in the pillow was digging sharply into my neck, right on the spine, very alarming. I couldn't move for what seemed like ages but was probably more like 30 seconds.

Never used a feather pillow since.

This is a serious post so why the stupid comments?

Grow up or butt out.

I was going to post about my girlfriend who has regular night terrors but due to the stupid comments doesn't seem appropriate.

Sort this forum out mods, it's going to the dogs.

I had a night terror - I thought I was married again. :p :p

, ?

Many deaths are attributed to the sudden rush of blood to the head, after being laying down, and that's when people die. Due to DVT. Who on here has got up sharply, and got a head rush? And felt dizzy?

Sierra xr4x4, tell me your experience....

Deluks, I follow Derren, but I don't recall him saying what you state..but lack of sleep on my behalf, I believe that I've seen ghosts. It's your mind between the concious and unconcious, if you have a link to the programme, I'd like to see it.

How can you have a dream, wake up, the that dream carries on...when it is a nightmare? But good dreams are always interrupted before the climax, by the alarm clock?

Lack of sleep, paralysis, night terrors, seeing ghosts....what part of the brain needs investigating, when millions are invested into a 1 in 3 million disease, that effects a tick.

Sponsored Links
Back