ford focus zetec 05

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a 05 ford focus which the airbag light is on,a "friend" who works at fords put the car on diagnostics and its a fault with the drivers side top apron ? i asked if it meant it needed a new air bag or could it be the loom (as the problem first occured when i had heated windscreen replaced) but was told that in order to find out they would need to put the car on a simulator? which fords cant seem to find in any of there centres? does this sound right or am i being led on any info would be great !!!! :p

Sponsored Links
I never heard of a "simulator" unless its a Ford term for a diagnostic tool (laptop).
Its usually best to get it sorted as the air bag light tells you that the Safety Restraint System (SRS) has a problem. You have no way of knowing where exactly the problem is until its cured. So potentially it could be dangerous. IE if a curtain went off when you were driving.

I would check all electrical connections on the SRS including the wires going to the bottom of the seats. We had a Rover and a bottle of pop rolled in and disconnected the wire under the seat turning the light on.

Mursal";p="1751635 said:
I never heard of a "simulator" unless its a Ford term for a diagnostic tool (laptop).
Its usually best to get it sorted as the air bag light tells you that the Safety Restraint System (SRS) has a problem. You have no way of knowing where exactly the problem is until its cured. So potentially it could be dangerous. IE if a curtain went off when you were driving.

I would check all electrical connections on the SRS including the wires going to the bottom of the seats. We had a Rover and a bottle of pop rolled in and disconnected the wire under the seat turning the light on.[/q
uote]

you are a top top man must have been a dodgy conection under drivers seat as light has now gone off so much for my mate at fords what a pile of ****e!!!!! thanks for the heads up again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rick7845";p="1752513 said:

I would check all electrical connections on the SRS including the wires going to the bottom of the seats. We had a Rover and a bottle of pop rolled in and disconnected the wire under the seat turning the light on.[/q
uote]

you are a top top man must have been a dodgy conection under drivers seat as light has now gone off so much for my mate at fords what a pile of s***te!!!!! thanks for the heads up again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to suggest that option, but as the fault has cleared, but stored on the computer, that the computer might need to be reset, as in the event of an accident, the code could be stored, and the airbag not be deployed?

Sponsored Links
cheers micky im going to take it down the garage as the light came back on so moved wires again and light went out so there is defo a loose connection under drivers seat and i dont fancy taking the thing apart and POOOPF i end up with a face full of air bag at least i now know it wont cost £800 as i was quoted by fords!!!!

Back