Formula Spun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Told you so !!
...BMW will now run Sauber as their own team from the start of next year, leaving Williams to find a new engine supplier.
BMW are likely to offer Williams a supply of engines next year as the company’s second team but Sir Frank Williams is known to have been scouting the paddock for an alternative.
Toyota are ready to commit to Jordan and Mercedes will concentrate on McLaren, which leaves little else on offer...

An F1 car is far more than an engine ... Williams have been able build a car - no doubt - I bet the engine manufacturers are beginning to think .. "What if..."
I have the feeling Sauber will never make the heights neither will BAR as car builders ... two major engine manufacturers languishing with potential also rans?
BMW, well, perhaps they wish to tone down their unfulfilled F1 dreams - But Honda are a different breed, they do not usually fail in racing, once commited.. Gonna be interesting.

BTW "Bringing the sport of F1 into disrepute.." Aimed at the US debacle .. Cannot conceive thoughts of 'F1' and 'sport' being linked in the same sentence ... 'business' maybe, sport? never!
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Teams and engine manufacturers are always switching around... remember BMW used to supply McLaren's engines, Renault used to supply Williams. And there have always been teams who use the same engine as another team, IIRC around 10 years ago there was another team using the Ferrari engine, no less!

I would love to see the look on Mosley's face if all the Michelin teams start making plans to start their own series, without FIA's backing. I can't believe he thought "race with a speed-limit" was a reasonable suggestion :LOL:

Different sports are sports to different people...

For instance, I wouldn't call football a sport, it's a game. Even football fans refer to it as "the beautiful game", however there are many who would call it a sport (Sky Sports, for instance)

I'll never get my head around how an American Football player or a Baseball player is an "athlete" though, they don't do hurdles or javelin or anything. ;)

Sponsored Links
Adam, good points.....I mean there is 'sport fishing' & fishing as a hobby. I bet there are many, many more & a few more will be added in here.

Can't be bothered to watch anymore, especially after the total b*lls up in America a few weeks ago. The FIA are more interested in petty politics rather than giving a good show for the fans. Without the fans the sport would die. Perhaps somebody may like to tell them, because they are obviously oblivious to this fact.

AdamW said:
Teams and engine manufacturers are always switching around... remember BMW used to supply McLaren's engines, Renault used to supply Williams. And there have always been teams who use the same engine as another team, IIRC around 10 years ago there was another team using the Ferrari engine, no less!
:LOL:

The previous year's prancing horse motor no doubt.

Only the major chassis builders win championships tho' ....
So Bluddy Auld Rubbish with a fine engine will not win championships.

Renault will be hard pushed ... But have a fine platform.

Honda have done, but only just, then they needed an ex motor cycle world champ and an excellent engineer, young (was he ever?) Johnny Surtees.
Blimey, just a thought ... If history could repeat itself we would need 'The Doctor', young Valentino himself, the most prodigous talent in racing IMHO .. driving for Honda.
A real racer behind the wheel .. fireworks would ensue, no doubt about it !! Come on Rossi bring a smile back to F1 !!
:D :D :D

Back